Pre-War Bledzew

bledzew blesen
An old picture postcard of the church and main square in Bledzew (Blesen) in 1922.

Bledzew is a village in the province of Lubuskie in the west of Poland. Until the end of the Second World War it was part of Germany and called Blesen. Here are a couple of images from our collection showing how it looked at that time.

Bledzew Blesen neumark
Shops off the main square in Bledzew, in the early 1920s.

See also: More information on and photographs of Bledzew today.